Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Wyman Estate Gatehouse
Formerly the public entrance to an estate, this gatehouse has served as the headquarters of John's Hopkins' student newspaper since 1965.
This town hall is located in the small commune of Brou in the Eure-et-Loir department of northern France.
Just one hour from Paris by train, on the axis Chartres-Le Mans, Brou is a dynamic city and rural municipality with origins dating back at least to the fifth century, at which time the monastery of St. Romain was founded on the right bank of Ozanne.
The design and construction of Brou’s Town Hall was entrusted to architect Vaillant in the late 19th century. The City Council adopted the drafts, and the first stone was laid on May 2, 1886. The Town Hall was inaugurated a year later.
This town hall features a number of sculptures and paintings of historical significance. In the Municipal Council room is a painting entitled “The Kermesse”, a copy of Roppart after Rubens and a sculpture called “The departure of the swallows” by Felix Charpentier. This original plaster dating from 1893 was given to the town of Brou in 1925 by the widow of the sculptor.Know more? Share with us!
Already have an account? Log In