This French train station is located in a town renamed after the famed writer Marcel Proust's fictional name for the village.
Built in 1972, the current Fangar lighthouse is one of the most characteristic architectural and landscape symbols of Terres de l’Ebre, Spain.
At 20 meters high and 3 meters wide, the current structure was built as a replacement to the original lighthouse, whose history goes back a bit further.
There is evidence of a first lighthouse going back to 1864, but it suffered major deterioration over the years due to weather conditions and subsequent destruction during the Spanish Civil War when it was set on fire.
Later it was replaced by a small iron tower of about eight meters high, which was painted in black and white strips. That turret was modernized to its current form.Know more? Share with us!
Already have an account? Log In